Pilot 1: Open Peer Review for Conferences
The goal of the pilot study is to test an open peer review workflow in a conference setting. For this purpose, we adapt and evaluate an existing conference management system (CMS) that includes features such as:
- open report: the review report is published alongside the publication,
- open identity: authors and/or reviewers are aware of each other’s identity, or
- open pre-review: early versions of material are public before the review.
The exact mixture and degree of openness to be applied is being defined with the conference organising community. The requirements and needs of the involved stakeholders are being taken into account. Through the increased transparency the review process will set new quality standards.
The OpenUP project will:
- Adapt and evaluate an existing conference management system
- Test an open peer review workflow in two conferences: European Machine Vision Forum 2017, e-Health 2018 Student Competition
- Provide a tested open source solution for Open Peer Review for conferences